HPC-Industrial Powered by Clean Harbors is looking for a NDE Level II Pipelin Integrity Technician to join their safety conscious team! The NDE Technician is responsible for assisting with all phases in the execution of specific inspections jobs, including, but not limited to: the pre-job, on-job, and post-job responsibilities. Phases of these inspection jobs will be conducted from their base location and on customer's job sites using state-of-the-art visual, laser based and advanced automated ultrasonic inspection equipment. While not performing inspections jobs, responsibilities will also include but not limited to: equipment maintenance, assisting with ongoing training activities, quality control functions, and special projects. Have the responsibility for ensuring that safety and quality take priority of any other aspect of the project/job. Additionally, you will be responsible to successfully maintain ASNT CP-189 Level II ultrasonic and magnetic particle certifications, at a minimum.
HPC-Industrial Powered byClean Harbors , is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Follow and adhere to all HP- Industrial and Client safety rules and regulations
- Adhere to HPC-Industrial Core Values
- Must be able to interpret and apply all applicable procedures associated with inspection methods per client and HPC-Industrial request
- Set up and calibrate equipment
- Interpret, evaluate, and document results
- Conduct tests with appropriate NDE technique to affirm or negate anomalies on pipeline and equipment
- Read and interpret client specifications, in-line inspection data, and drawings
- Apply general and specific training skills associated with NDE inspections
- Must be able to complete computerized reports, research code requirements, file paperwork, and fill out required reports.
- Responsible for general troubleshooting and assisting fellow technicians
- Responsible for on-the-job training of fellow technicians
- Assist in process and procedure development and implementation
- Assist in quality control functions, as assigned.
- Field duties require outdoor work in all environments and potentially adverse weather
- Interaction with other crew members, as well as supervisors and client personnel
- Working in field, plant and or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
- Willingness to travel cross-country on out-of-town assignment
- Will be required to work overtime and some weekends
Skills and Experience:
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Recent military service with mechanical, instrument, electrical or computer application training and experience; or two (2) years' experience in an Apprentice Program; or trade school certification in an industrial related field; or a similar Associates Degree; and three (3) or more years' experience in pipeline integrity NDE inspection
- Complete all required Company safety and job-related training and demonstrated proficiency of the methods, procedures, and tools used to accomplish the task being performed
- Must be certifiable to ASNT CP-189 Level II certifications in ultrasonics (UT)
- Must be certifiable to ASNT CP-189 Level II certifications in magnetic particle (MT)
- Must be able to pass HPC-Industrial's certification test and practical examinations
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments with short notice
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Knowledge of pipeline integrity operations and maintenance processes strongly desired
- Proven ability to prioritize and complete work assignments by specific deadlines
- Proven ability to communicate with customers, supervision, and co-workers
- Proven ability to follow precise directions and procedures as directed by supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to communicate effectively
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to perform safety assessments
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation which permit the employee to perform duties as assigned
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform field duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a field environment
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds with assistance
- Guided Wave (GUL 2:XB), Phased array ultrasonic (PAUT), automated ultrasonic (AUT), Creaform 3D scanning, optical emission spectrometry (OES), instrumented indentation technique (IIT) experience strongly desired
- Eddy current (ET) experience, is a plus
- Coating inspection experience (NACE)
- API 1169, QUTE, QUSE, and/or QUPA Certification
- AWS CWI
- High school diploma or equivalent.
HPC-Industrial and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HPC-Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.