Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Pump & Power Services is a specialty business within Sunbelt Rentals that offers large Pumps, Generators, Air Compressors, Trench Shoring, Temperature Control Equipment, and Desiccant Dehumidifiers to specialty contractors including the set-up and management of projects in a contractor-like capacity. The services provided by this business include after-hours response which requires frequent work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
We are seeking a skilled Outside Sales Representative to join our Pump & Power team. We understand the diverse talent of our employees is the driving force behind our success. That’s why we invest in your career with competitive compensation, extensive on-the-job training, and plenty of career opportunities from entry level to senior level management positions!
The primary function of the Outside Sales Representative (OSR) is to generate profitable sales from the rental of the Pump & Power division’s fleet of equipment specifically Large Generators, Air Compressors, Temperature Control, and Desiccant Dehumidifiers. This position would cater to the Market Segments geared towards those customers who consistently use equipment for either short term use or long term projects including Sand Blasting, Industrial Coating, Painting, Power Plants, Surface Preparation Contractors, Manufacturing/Processing Plants, Large Venues, Special Event Contractors/Coordinators, Facility Maintenance Contractors, Tent Rental Companies, Party Rental Companies, Remediation/Restoration, General Contractors, HVAC Contractors, Electrical Contractors, Construction Drying, Generator Service Contractors, Hospitals, Telecommunications, New Home Construction, Schools, Correctional Facilities, or College Campuses.
- Prospect and develop new customers
- Maintain positive customer relations.
- Visit customers on regular basis and participate in strategic entertainment of customers.
- Maintain accurate and detailed customer records.
- Coordinate with operations personnel regarding new equipment, equipment availability and rental programs.
- Perform other duties assigned as assigned by the manager.
- Direct sales AND/OR project management experience within equipment industry required
- Power Generation and testing equipment background highly desirable
- Strong project management, new business development and customer retention skills a must.
- Ability to effectively give presentations and business reviews to management.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.